As a brand with a growing audience in a world plagued by "Fast" consumerism, we are very aware of the importance of implementing sustainability in every (small, and hopefully eventually big) way we can!
It will always be a work in progress, but our aim is to encourage and incite more conscious approach to clothing within our XO community. Here are some of the ways we are currently incorporating sustainability in our practices + approach...
- Starting with the design process we like to create pieces that are at their core, versatile. In this way a garment's "lifespan" is significantly extended through greater styling options + ultimately many more wears
- We aim for our pieces to be worn with existing items our customers most likely already have in their wardrobe
- Our garments are also designed so that they can be worn through the seasons with the help simple styling tricks or additions
- Check out our Instagram page for styling videos + inspiration so that you can get the most wear out your purchase
- LOCALLY MADE
We design all clothing pieces ourselves and produce them in a local Durban factory in an effort to support other local business + employment
In our effort to reduce packaging waste, both our jewellery + clothing come in reusable cotton bags
- We do not offer overnight shipping to reduce the increased carbon footprint related to express transport
- We are so excited about introducing + are currently awaiting delivery of our new 100% compostable, carbon neutral shipping satchels made by Mielie Mailer